Associate Senior Consultant
Commercial, marketing and business development professional
A well-established career and industry profile as a Non-Executive director with both national and international level experience, steering and implementing marketing and business development strategies to deliver positive progression and growth for businesses.
- Strategies & Processes
- Project Management
- Organisational Growth
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- New Market Development
- Change & Transformation
- Business Planning
- Event Management & Organisation
- Leadership & Team Building
As: Marketing & Business Growth Director, Commercial & Fairtrade Manager and Category Manager:
- Successfully developed the marketing and business development strategies for the Greenyard Fresh UK Ltd. organisation, aligning strategies with potential for future growth.
- Negotiated with the UK board in order to implement new strategies into the operation.
- Directed the Category Marketing and Business Development teams to deliver new opportunities.
- Ensured the effective mergers and acquisitions for the business, successfully integrating Winchester Growers Ltd into the horticultural subdivision of Greenyard Fresh UK.
- Steered the acquisition and integration of Empire World Trade, leading the Due Diligence Team to ensure operational viability and a smooth transition of risk assessment and mitigation structures.
- Led the institution and effective management of the direct sourcing regional hub for Aldi.
- Successfully developed accounts with Aldi, Co-op, and Amazon Fresh in order to create multi-million accounts and establish strong working relationships.
- Enabled the launch of a fresh produce meal solution for businesses including Morrisons and Amazon. Undertake market research projects directly with consumers ~ customer listening groups, etc.
- Packaging and marketing collateral design and development to support the business products and services.
- Preparation and delivery of marketing, advertising and media plans for both in store and on line implementation
- Managing Greenyard relationships with FLO CERT and Fairtrade Foundation
- Instigated the launch of the web-based communication portal, developing the platform for the Group
- Custodian of the Group brand values for the UK, advertising and on-line media presence, maintenance and development of the company website
- Greenyard Fresh UK , Keelings UK, Booker Cash & Carry, ASDA Wal-Mart , Minnaar UK.
- HND Agri Food Marketing & Business Management, Harper Adams;
- Market Research, Negotiation Skills, Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Vocational Courses)
- Establishment and management of a direct sourcing regional hub for Aldi
- Client account development for Aldi, Co-op (into multi £m accounts) & Amazon Fresh
- Headed the Due Diligence Team for the acquisition of Empire World Trade (TO £70m) and the subsequent project management of the business integration
- Merger and re-structure of Winchester Growers Ltd into a horticultural sub division of GY Fresh UK ~ awarded FPC Best Floral Supplier & “Best of the Best” Business 2017
- Establishment of an e-commerce website, digital marketing platform and retail offer for the National Dahlia Collection ~ achieving 3 gold medals at Chelsea Flower Show
- Launch of a fresh produce meal solution format for Morrisons & Amazon ~ incorporating product sourcing, in store & on line approach to packaging development and marketing strategies
- Successful event management of various UK and international exhibitions, seminars, grower workshops, regional product sampling roadshows
- Brand and range development for Amazon Fresh & Prime and associated digital marketing plans
- Brand development across the Group fresh & frozen divisions for independent, on-line retailers and food service
- Development and launch of a web-based communication portal for the Group
- Procurement and management of the commercial and sourcing strategies for a £10m Fairtrade fruit category
- Created a joint business venture with an artisan Dried Fruit & Nut snacking brand
Fresh produce specialist in large FMCG, wholesale & retail companies
Strategic planning and project deployment including M&A
Customer relationship management & operating E-commerce platforms
Category marketing, advertising and event management
Leadership and team building skills