CROP PRODUCTION SYSTEMS SENIOR SCIENTIST (CEREALS & OILSEEDS)
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A centrally funded organisation committed to investing and promoting UK food and farming
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Crops – Cereals & Oilseeds
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive salary and benefits
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Midlands, UK
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for delivery of the Cereals & Oilseeds Recommended Lists. Direct management of the research/ programme within designated areas, from inception to report by liaison with key stakeholders, provide a lead for designated cross-sector/division technical topics.
- You will be responsible for supporting the (recommended list) Project Board who are responsible for the project and for the technical committees who determine the variety selection criteria and recommendation procedures
- You will also be responsible for working with the communications and knowledge exchange teams in the publication (booklet, web and apps) and dissemination of the information (press briefing, technical events & open days)
- You will be encouraged to use your technical skills in varieties, agronomy, pathology or other related skill, to add value to the Recommended Lists with complementary research output
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- A broad background in cereal & oilseeds field trials and their analyses, plus specialism associated with variety performance or quality (e.g. plant pathology, physiology, statistics), you will be an effective project manager focused on delivery on budget to tight deadlines
- A strategic thinker, but with appropriate attention to detail, you will work well under pressure and are capable of keeping numerous projects on track, at any one time
- Due to the link with plant breeders, research organisations and agrochemical companies, this role will suit someone who has applied agricultural research experience
- Post-graduate research experience in a field of study relevant to cereals and oilseeds production or use
- An understanding of and experience of the agricultural research and knowledge transfer environment
- An understanding of relevant legislation and policy
- Management experience
- Experience of the development and management of research projects and programmes
- Excellent project management skills
- Financial management
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com or call + 44 (0) 7887 712 133 and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated with confidence.