WHAT’S THE JOB? STRAIGHTS TRADER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A National Feed Company
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Straights and related commodities
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Excellent Package
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? East Midlands & South West
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? An exciting opportunity has arisen within a market leading division of one of the UK’s most significant feed businesses for a Straights Trader. Are you a passionate, experienced, hands-on and dynamic trader ready take a step up and join the already successful team to drive further success? Working in a modern and lively office, you will have responsibility in developing and delivering the management strategy to grow and develop the straights desk. You will liaise closely with the members of the trading team and provide support and information as necessary to allow customer requirements to be met (volumes/quality) whilst delivering or exceeding budget Gross Margins. Perhaps you are in a Grain Trading position at the moment or similar environment looking to take the next step into management.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Agriculture/Commodities trading environment
- Current Straights Trader an advantage
- Familiarity with volatile and fast-moving commodities together with associated tracking and management of risks and exposures
- Knowledge of hedging and risk management strategies including innovative products and derivatives
- Familiarity with either the Straights or Grain markets would be advantageous
- Understanding of key market drivers and knowledge of key sources of market data/information relevant to having an influence on market price development
- Customer Relationship Management Experience
- Must be a strong team player prepared to lead from the front
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated with confidence.