SENIOR MARKET ANALYST
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A leading commodities price analytics company is seeking a Senior Market Analyst to join its growing team.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Market Intelligence
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? An industry leading package, commensurate with experience
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? In new purpose-built offices in South East England
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? We are looking for someone with an inquisitive, rational and intellectual approach to analysing fundamental data, macro and market information with the ability to deliver a cohesive and credible commodity market outlook
- Interpreting market research data, formulating insight and making recommendations based upon research findings
- Providing commodity insight/data and participating in new product development projects
- Undertaking price forecasting activities
- Building and maintaining contacts in the industry, and collating information from key industry participants
- Performing primary and secondary market analysis
- Delivering continuous improvement in market knowledge
- Continually challenging, refining and improving operational processes to achieve improvement in productivity and quality of service
- Coaching and supporting market analysts on best practices
- Leading projects successfully, managing the team and playing a key role in developing client relationship
- Proactively thinking about how to improve the team’s profile through the content delivered
- Showing strategic thought leadership on how our client’s deliverables can reach a wider audience
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
The successful candidate will be a valuable member of the Intelligence team and a “go to” source on market insight and current events in the industry. The Senior Market Analyst would be recognised as an ‘expert’ within their market(s)- based on the content delivered and contacts established. They will undertake price forecasting within their assigned commodity markets.
- Understanding of commodities price theory, including the fundamental drivers for supply, demand, trade flows and prices and their mutual interaction
- Experienced in commodity price forecasting
- Primary and secondary research capabilities
- Excellent analytical, qualitative and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective relationships across all levels in an organisation
- Excellent writing skills, able to articulate insight and reports clearly and concisely
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Self-starter with strong continuous improvement mindset
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com OR CALL (0) 7887 712 133 and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated with confidence.