WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? Representing specialist brands within the construction machinery sector, this dynamic sales-focused business has an excellent industry reputation for high standards of customer service and ‘can-do’ approach. The company trades in new and used equipment both within the UK and ROI territory as well as in many overseas markets.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Construction Machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Excellent basic salary + uncapped earnings + quality company vehicle + benefits
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? East Anglia
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE Providing leadership and management of an existing sales team, with overall responsibility for commercial performance within the context of the annual business plan, this newly-created position reports to the Managing Director of the business and has its own key account management responsibility. The role requires a motivated and ambitious individual, target-driven and possessing excellent negotiation skills alongside a thorough portfolio of team leadership competences.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’ll be experienced in capital equipment sales from a B2C or B2B background, conversant with complex fleet deals to key national accounts as well as smaller owner-operator businesses
- Your career history will demonstrate sustained commercial growth with the consistent meeting of commercial objectives including turnover, market share and margin. Budgets and target setting within a commercial framework will also be proven areas of experience
- You’ll have significant experience in leading and motivating a sales team, with a strong awareness of how to get the best from your sales professionals, coaching and developing talent to add further value to the business
- A good all-round knowledge of the construction equipment sector is highly desirable, although the role is potentially open to high-achieving sales and sales management professionals from other sectors, eg: agricultural machinery, commercial vehicles etc
- You’ll have a good standard of IT literacy including a strong belief in CRM systems to aid business growth, performance monitoring and other KPIs
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to establish and develop rewarding professional relationships, and a well-developed spectrum of communication strategies will be among your key competencies
- A natural negotiator, you will understand the psychology of buying and selling, display a persuasive deal-closing attitude and be able to convey and instil these values in your team
- You should have a good understanding of current Health and Safety and HR practices
- Residing in the South-East, you’ll have a clean driving licence and be prepared to travel, at times overseas
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, if this sounds like you and you are motivated by a fantastic opportunity to build on your commercial success to date and further develop your career with additional managerial responsibilities, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence) and a little bit about yourself directly to – email@example.com