ON-FARM ASSESSOR / ANIMAL WELFARE
WHAT’S THE JOB? ON-FARM ASSESSOR / ANIMAL WELFARE
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A company that places animal welfare high in the farm to fork supply chain, providing high standards of animal welfare within the farming industry
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Livestock
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? An Attractive Basic Salary + Company Vehicle + Benefits
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? South East Scotland and Borders
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? To carry out on-farm assessments of welfare standards in accordance with the assurance scheme. To advise on the outcome of the assessment and assist members in the ongoing improvement of standards by working with them to formulate a plan to help with the continued improvement.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Proven practical experience of commercial livestock production
- Knowledge of livestock welfare legislation – desirable
- An exceptional attention to detail, along with excellent verbal communication skills at all levels and an affinity with and commitment to animal welfare
- A qualification in agriculture
- Ability to travel extensively within the area
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and where you want your successful career to head. You can send it directly to us at – firstname.lastname@example.org