WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? Supporting many farming enterprises throughout the UK covering a substantial acreage, this co-operative organisation is owned by its farmer members who contribute to its strategic direction. Proactively developing mutually beneficial relationships over many years with a wide variety of businesses supplying in to agriculture, the organisation presents preferential terms and purchasing benefits to members across the board for grain and arable inputs, machinery, energy, feed and animal health.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive salary + extensive benefits package
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? East Anglia
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE – Based from the organisation’s well-appointed headquarters and with regular client visits and attendance at events and exhibitions,you will implement vision and strategy objectives with specific responsibility for the procurement of agricultural machinery, vehicles, spare parts, accessories and related items/services, including finance, on behalf of members at the best possible price and offering the highest levels of service. Adding further value to the machinery team, there is a potential progression available for the right person with appropriate commitment and achievement.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’ll have a strong background in agriculture and farming, understand the sector at an operational and strategic level and the global and local factors which impact on farm incomes
- The agricultural machinery market is your natural environment; you’ll be familiar with brands, dealerships, products and systems and display a passion to be immersed in and champion this sector
- Your commercial know-how will be sharp and opportunity-focused; the role’s success will hinge on your proactive approach to business: going the extra mile, upselling and highlighting the full portfolio of member benefits and services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills go without saying – you’ll display a strong relationship-building ability capable of successfully engaging with farming professionals in order to further develop business
- A good overall standard of IT literacy is required, and you’ll have strong competence in MS Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- You’ll combine excellent team player characteristics (office-trained ideally) with self-motivation and initiative
- You should be prepared for occasional travel, reside in East Anglia within commuting distance of the organisation’s HQ and possess a full, clean driving licence
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, if this sounds like you and you are motivated by a fantastic opportunity to build on your commercial success to date and relationship building capability, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence) and a little bit about yourself directly to – firstname.lastname@example.org