VERTICAL FARMING / HYDROPONIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
WHAT’S THE JOB? VERTICAL FARMING /HYDROPONIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? VERTICAL FARMING – HYDROPONICS – GLASSHOUSE
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? LONDON (UK)
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive and rewarding
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? Ethical and dynamic organisation investing in the future of Hydroponics, Vertical Farming and Horticulture with an extensive development of crops to include but not limited to: herbs, leafy salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, eggplant, chillies, beans – country dependent.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? As Vertical Farming – Hydroponic Development Manager for the organisation you will ensure that local market knowledge is understood and analysed for best return on investment, production techniques and costs are as efficient and dynamic as possible. You will have commercial responsibility of the systems to ensure a viable success. You will report into the Chairman of the project on market conditions and investment strategy, developing the business plan as you progress.
- Get operational within set timescales the Glasshouse / Vertical Farming developments – travelling extensively between projects. An emphasis on getting the job done and being involved at ground level, leading from the front
- Implement staff plans for ensuring the project is operational within short timelines for most efficient progress
- Directs and coordinates worker activities
- Records information, such as production, project management practices, and market prices
- Prepares monthly operational reports for the crops concerned, to be consolidated by the board
- Analyses on a regular basis, substrates to determine type and quantity of nutrients required for maximum production
- Analyses water quality and monthly quantities required for maximum production
- Responsible for timely requesting all crop production related inputs and proper use of same
- Inspects production units to determine the maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop yields
- Advises on the purchase of plant, equipment and supplies, such as nutrients and chemicals
- Recommends to the Chairman on hiring new staff, discharges transfers and promoting workers
- Responsible for enforcing safety regulations and interpretation of company policies
- Responsible for keeping up to date the forms and registers related to permits and certifications (HACCP, GlobalGAP and organic certification if applicable)
- Agronomic degree in horticulture on at least B.Sc. level or preferably M. Sc. Level
- At least 5 – 8 years of experience in managing large scale agronomic / horticultural / vertical farming enterprises with emphasis on crop production in greenhouses and hydroponic systems
- Thorough knowledge of the growing of protected cultivation crops, including but not limited to: herbs, leafy salads, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, chillies, beans
- Knowledge and practical experience with growing in different substrates: rock wool, coco peat, perlite
- Knowledge of organic agriculture
- Good reporting skills and business planning
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated with confidence.