FARM MANAGER – Horticulture/Market Garden/Glasshouse production
WHAT’S THE JOB? FARM MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? This innovative and forward-thinking ethical market farming company is passionate about the environment and at the forefront of fertiliser and composting technology, harnessing the use of circular economy
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Horticulture/Market Garden/Glasshouse production
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive Salary
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Surrey, UK
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? This varied role will require the management of multiple sites comprising farmland and glasshouses. Liaising closely with outside professionals, agronomists and customers, good communication and relationship building is paramount.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Field walking with management and agronomist
- Monitoring and reporting on produce growth, yields, wastage, and identifying and remedying inefficiencies
- Pest control implementation in accordance with agronomist advice and protocols
- Supervise and implement quality control and industry farm assurance standards – ensuring all technical requirements, audits and certifications are in place to meet customers’ and legislative requirements protecting customers, colleagues, property and the integrity of the business
- Accurate record keeping in respect of planting, irrigation, spraying and harvesting
- Establish, maintain and develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders such as the business’s clients and landowners, maintaining productive and collaborative partnerships which deliver increased land area through a strong reputation for high standards of client care
- Staff training
- Supervising relevant Health and Safety compliance
- Scheduling and planning maintenance of fencing, drainage, glasshouses and machinery in conjunction with the management team
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Farm management with a horticultural or arable background and experience in fresh produce (market gardening experience a bonus)
- Experience of managing a large team of people and gaining the best from them
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to manage time working across multiple sites
- PA1, PA2 & PA6 preferred but not essential
- Good attention to detail and crop hygiene
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated with confidence.