FARM AGRONOMY MANAGER
WHAT’S THE JOB? FARM AGRONOMY MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A respected business in the BioMass sector
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Specialist Crop Production
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? An excellent salary and package inc. company car
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Lincolnshire (HQ) with regional visits
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Our client is a rapidly growing, innovative farming & energy supply chain business. We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced agronomist to head up the crop management of their Miscanthus crops and to provide an agronomy service to their clients. The role will expect you to be self-motivated and will require lots of drive to push the business forward.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- BASIS Qualified
- An experienced and adaptable agronomist with Sales experience
- Proactive and use of initiative essential
- Ability to manage time working across multiple accounts
- Excels at with meeting and establishing a rapport with growers – excellent communication and computer skills
- To able to interact with the Crop Development Team, management and customers
- Ability to work with a team in planning and implementing staged planting according to a detailed schedule agreed with the business’s clients
- Monitoring and reporting on crop growth, yields, wastage, and identifying and remedying inefficiencies
- Supervising and managing planting and harvesting
- Ability to supervise and implement quality control and industry farm assurance standards -ensuring all technical requirements, audits and certifications are in place to meet customers’ and legislative requirements protecting customers, colleagues, property and the integrity of the business
- Accurate record keeping in respect of planting and spraying
- Establish, maintain and develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders such as the business’s clients and landowners, maintaining productive and collaborative partnerships which deliver increased land area through a strong reputation for high standards of client care
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated with confidence.