WHAT’S THE JOB? DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? Producing high-quality specialist agricultural machinery over many decades and with an excellent reputation for product quality, this is a true manufacturing business, proud of its engineering prowess. Their engineering know-how and attention to detail are evident in the large volumes of machines used on many UK farms and in a large number of export markets.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural Machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive salary + pension, 25 days’ annual leave
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? East Midlands / West Anglia
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? As a Development Engineer, your focus will be on the practical aspects of product development and the ongoing development of the current product range. You will assist in formulating designs and be responsible for the fabrication and assembly of prototypes, taking them through various development/product management stages through to field testing and evaluation with monitoring and report writing on infield performance. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a positive problem-solving mentality who is able to manage their own time efficiently.
The role as a Development would give a suitable candidate exposure to all stages of product design and development, with the potential to learn some basic CAD skills and to make a significant contribution to the company’s product development process
WHAT QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- You’ll be from a good mechanical engineering background, also including electric and hydraulic system knowledge, either via the agricultural machinery dealer network or with a machinery manufacturer
- You‘ll have a good understanding of in-field arable farming, and have a practical approach to field operation, machine setup and optimisation, from time in the tractor seat
- You’ll understand design concepts and be able to offer an experienced voice into their practical functionality and application
- You should have some good all-round fabrication skills, and be comfortable using welding equipment
- A healthy interest in IT is required, ideally with a desire to learn and develop basic CAD skills
- We’d like to see a strong problem-solving mentality, positive organisational skills and a healthy collaborative teamwork approach
- You’ll reside in the East Midlands / West Anglia region and be prepared to travel within the UK and overseas on occasion
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you come from an agricultural engineering/product support background and want to further your career experience in development engineering for a leading machinery manufacturer, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and where you want your successful career to head. You can send it directly to us – firstname.lastname@example.org