WHAT’S THE JOB? DESIGN ENGINEER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? Producing high-quality specialist agricultural machinery over many decades and with an excellent reputation for product quality, this is a true manufacturing business, proud of its engineering prowess. Their engineering know-how and attention to detail are evident in the large volumes of machines used on many UK farms and in a large number of export markets.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural Machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive salary + pension, 25 days’ annual leave
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? East Midlands / West Anglia
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Your focus will be on the development of new products and the continuous development of the current product range. You will be involved in all aspects of development, ensuring products are presented to the production team with all relevant documentation and supply chain information for production. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is able to develop their ideas from conception through to a final saleable product.
Key areas of responsibility include: design of new products and improvements within the current product range using CAD system, liaising with and sourcing suppliers, timely and accurate BoM production, input to the MRP system, creation of assembly drawings, parts book and other documents and images for marketing purposes, field testing of new designs/products.
The role would give the suitable candidate exposure to all stages of product development and the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the company
WHAT QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- You’ll be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering subject or have gained equivalent industry experience
- You should ideally have 3-4 years’ minimum experience within a similar design role in a manufacturing environment – an agricultural machinery manufacturer would be preferable but not essential
- You’ll be a competent CAD operator and have a good all-round standard of IT literacy including use of MS Office applications and MRP / ERP systems
- We’d like to see a strong problem-solving mentality, positive organisational skills and a healthy collaborative teamwork approach
- You’ll reside in the East Midlands / West Anglia region and be prepared to travel within the UK and overseas on occasion
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’ve got a healthy and successful mechanical design engineering background behind you, have an affinity with agricultural machinery and are looking to progress your career with a long-standing key player in their field, we’d love to hear from you. Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and where you want your successful career to head. You can send it directly to us – firstname.lastname@example.org