WHAT’S THE JOB? COMMERCIAL MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? One of Scotland’s longest-serving agricultural retail businesses, serving the farming community for many decades, this multi-branch organisation has an excellent portfolio of products and continues to maintain a very strong local presence, with significant growth in recent years. The Company’s key customer base comprises farmers, agricultural contractors, forestry and construction sectors.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural and Construction Machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Impressive basic salary + bonus + vehicle + benefits package
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Southern Scotland
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? A key member of the Company’s senior management team, this position will input directly in to performance and strategy, key partner relationships and structure. You will be responsible for the strategic function of the business, ensuring the Company delivers results in line with turnover growth, bottom line, financial exposure, credit risk, staff retention and other KPIs, with full P&L accountability. The position is based at the Company’s headquarters, with occasional travel to other branches. This key role offers the opportunity to become a key stakeholder in a highly secure and growing business, with potential for progression.
WHAT QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- You’ll be from a successful financial/commercial background, with significant experience in managing performance and growth within a commercial organisation
- Your track record should demonstrate your ability to increase profit
- You will have excellent leadership qualities and be able to demonstrate positive examples of coaching and career development in your team
- Your communication and interpersonal skills will be well developed, capable of undertaking tough negotiations
Capable of strategic thinking, you will understand the potential effects of economic or political changes and be able to respond proactively
- Experience in HR management is prized, and you should be up to speed with employment legislation, experienced in developing careers as well as terminating employment where necessary
- You’ll have a highly analytical approach, capable of insightful data interpretation
- Empathy with agriculture and an understanding of the challenges faced by the Company’s farming customer base will be expected
An excellent standard of IT literacy including use of accounting / CRM systems along with extensive experience in using Microsoft Excel and other applications
- A full UK driving licence is required, you’ll reside in or be prepared to relocate to the South of Scotland
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
If you’ve got the passion and managerial qualities to drive forward further business growth with an impressive premium brand machinery dealership in a very well-rewarded and high-status senior management team position, we’d love to hear from you. Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and where you want your successful career to head. You can send it directly to us – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07810 755594