CHIEF ADVISER – COMBINABLE CROPS
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? The National Farmers Union champions British farming and provides professional representation and services to its Farmer and Grower members. It is the largest farming organisation in the UK, providing a strong, respected and independent voice for the industry. It’s head office is at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire, but it also has offices in London, Brussels, Wales, all the English regions and a unique network of local offices and advisers, co-funded by the NFU Mutual, to support the needs of its members locally, nationally and internationally. The NFU was founded in 1908 and is financed by members’ subscriptions. They are not affiliated to any political party and have a completely democratic structure.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Food & Farming
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Excellent package including company car
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Warwickshire, Midlands, UK
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? The Chief Adviser for Combinable Crops is a nationally recognised position of expertise. The role is charged with helping NFU deliver a vision for a profitable, responsible and globally competitive sector – respected for its contribution to the national economy, food supply and renewable energy. To do this, she or he must ensure that the NFU maintains and enhances its position as the principal representative and most effective and valued provider of trade association services to farming producers throughout England and Wales. This principal position includes effective and respected liaison with food processing, manufacturing and retailing sectors, as well as in Government, NGOs and Internationally.
- Manage the NFU’s representational work on behalf of producers of combinable crops. Responsible for market support and regulatory issues, marketing and structural development
- Provide a focal point for crop and plant production issues, working collaboratively with leads in broader crop sectors Plant Health, Environment and Economics
- Operation and support to the Combinable Crops National Board, it’s budget and project work
- Leadership of the Combinable Crops team and in support of shared objectives with Horticulture and Plant Health
- Maintain close contact and co-operation with relevant NFU regional staff and other farming organisation
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Degree in agriculture or other related discipline
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking, negotiation and influence and experience of communicating via the press
- Experience of working with agricultural policy/regulations, including researching, interpreting and disseminating technical information clearly and concisely
- Knowledge and understanding of general issues facing the sector
- Relevant knowledge of the food chain
- Political astuteness and awareness
- Good management and leadership skills, including determining priorities and responsibilities and monitoring achievement
- Experience of dealing with farmers
- Relevant food chain experience
- Experience of working with budgets within a defined framework
- Attending events and shows as required
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
In the first instance, please forward a copy of your current CV in confidence to the lead Consultant James at JP Trett firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 44 (0) 7887 712 133, all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of your application being received.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THIRD PARTY CV’S WILL BE REFERRED BACK TO JP TRETT LTD WHO HAVE BEEN APPOINTED BY NFU ON A RETAINED BASIS TO HANDLE THEIR EXTERNAL RECRUITMENT.