WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A well respected, international dairy product firm.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Animal Feeds and Silage additives
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? An excellent salary and package inc. company car
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Mid / Southern Wales / Hereford – Home based
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Due to natural expansion, our client is looking for a new business manager to look after their B2B accounts and to expand the current farm customer base with product knowledge and training.
- In planned co-operation with colleagues and the National Sales Manager: to guide, motivate, train and assist distributors to maximise sales of all products in line with agreed national budgets and objectives
- Ensure good contact at all levels through the senior management and business manager reporting lines with Key Accounts
- Support of key accounts in conjunction with colleagues and the NSM will be expected whilst also maintaining full contact to help cultivate accounts in Wales
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technical and commercial aspects of the agricultural industry, this will include competitors’ products, prices and activities, legislation, market trends and advisory recommendations
- Generate and increase sales and knowledge of products by contact with distributor sales staff and farmers through visits, meetings, open days and demonstrations. Identify farms where there is currently low or no usage of company products and plan activity for influencing their current animal feed and animal health approach
- Responsibility for a designated territory, whilst working with other colleagues, and all applicable farms within that area. Plan regular and consistent calls to both existing and potential farm users
- Work in conjunction with the network of merchants in line with the key account plan agreed within the sales team total budget
- Work with the other team members to ensure that regional objectives are secured, the right people are engaged in the right tasks, the team is motivated, and the team works together effectively
- Prepare quarterly, monthly and (potentially) weekly plans to ensure that time and resources are used to maximum advantage, and in line with NSM requirements
- Prepare and submit monthly plans via an electronic calendar and log activity in calendar
- Report all activity in all product areas to support the achievement of the National sales target set out at the start of every year by the NSM
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- This position requires you to teach, enthuse, manage and advise
- Be passionate about what you do
- You must enjoy spending time in the field (on-farm and at shows/events) to understand customer problems with the aim to develop innovative solutions that have compelling value propositions
- Agricultural experience or relevant qualification is desirable
- Be organised, flexible, self-motivated and ambitious
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated with confidence.