BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A leader in the livestock management industry
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Farm Resource Management – fencing, weighing equipment and electronic livestock identification (EID)
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? An excellent salary and package inc. car allowance
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? South Wales – Home based
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? This direct to farm sales role is for developing and driving our client’s product portfolio and brands within Farm Resource Management, including weighing & EID equipment and electric fencing, livestock identification and EID solutions and other products within the UK portfolio.
- Work with the Sales Team and link this to the marketing plan to deliver the annual sales budget objectives
- Visit livestock markets and relevant events to build relationships with key customers
- Support shows and events around the UK as and when required
- Provide technical support for end-users, internal and external customers
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with existing partners, influencers and customers
- Keep customers informed of new products, promotional opportunities and product supply status
- Assist in the coordination of sales promotional programmes
- Ensure products are distributed, ranged, and merchandised at shows and events to optimise profitable sales opportunities
- Provide training and support to existing and new customers
- Liaise with relevant company personnel to ensure new product and business growth opportunities are maximised
- Report monthly on sales performance and new product introductions and submit monthly expense records
- Monitor competitor activity and report relevant information back to Manager
- Capture and report back user feedback for product/system improvements
- Maintain Customer Lists for all contacts and ensure details are recorded in Excel for eventual movement into the CRM system
- Drive new ideas and implement them
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You must enjoy spending time in the field (on-farm and at shows/events) to understand customer problems with the aim to develop innovative solutions that have compelling value propositions
- Innovative and capable of broad thinking but with a practical edge that gets things done
- Organised, flexible, self-motivated and ambitious
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com or call 07887 712133 and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated with confidence.