AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING – Industrial Research and Engineering Development Support
WHAT’S THE JOB? AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING- Industrial Research and Engineering Development Support
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A dynamic technology-based company developing innovative and patented precision agriculture products which allow inputs and efficiency to be controlled alongside increasing yields. Innovation and simplicity make this company a successful organisation to represent and work for.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING – Precision Agriculture Technology – Crop Protection
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Rewarding salary + benefits package
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? West Midlands
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? A key role in a brand-new collaboration between the Company and a leading engineering institution, you will be tasked with assisting in the set-up and development of a research unit pioneering development in precision crop technologies, setting up and monitoring individual research projects, providing regular feedback to the Company Headquarters. Linked to the Sprayer and Irrigation manufacturers you may have experience or a passion for either.
- Research and engineering support for the unit’s day to day activities
- Provide assistance in developing monitoring systems for product development
- Developing the unit’s testing facilities in accordance with the scope of research, ensuring test equipment is maintained in good working condition at all times
- Establishing an effective daily reporting system through which project monitoring can be accessed, along with support requests and general communication with other Company employees
- Understand and operate within project Health and Safety guidelines
- Participate in training to aid personal development
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’ll have a thorough understanding of agriculture, crop production or chemical application, educated to a high standard, preferably to degree level in Agricultural Engineering
- A strong desire to learn and a naturally inquisitive research-focused nature are key building blocks for achieving success in the role
- You’ll be well organised, a self-starter who is capable of delivering work according to project deadlines and waymarkers also committed to proactive teamworking
- High standards in written and verbal communication are a must, and you will be able to demonstrate effective report writing and presentation skills as part of an overall high standard of IT literacy
- You’ll have a well-developed problem-solving approach, underpinned by a creative mindset
- Previous engineering-based research experience including modelling and programming would be desirable – only 1 -2 years required, less if in postgraduate education needing a research project
- You’ll reside in or be prepared to relocate to the West Midlands, be prepared to travel occasionally and have a full clean driving licence
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we’ve caught your eye with this role? If you’re a creative thinker with a strong agricultural engineering background and want to be part of a team-leading precision technology development we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and where you want your successful career to head. You can send it directly to us on email@example.com